Last minute ideas for a fun-filled spring break

Jordan Barile Staff Writer

If you’ve been too caught up in school work to start planning what you’re going to do over break, fear not. There are a range of activities that don’t require much planning.

Rest and relaxation are necessary things after the stress of midterms. If you aren’t sure how you should spend your week off, here are a few last-minute ideas.

Beach:

“I’m going to Puerto Plata, that’s in the Dominican Republic. I plan to go to the beach and pool, which should be really fun,” senior Cassie Lynagh said.

A day trip to the beach is easy to plan as beach houses need to be booked far in advance.

Fill up a cooler with drinks and food, pack your bag, and grab a few friends. You can start your tan and update your friends as to what you’ve been doing.

“I’d say if it’s warm when March comes around, go to the beach and remember to be responsible,” sophomore Jabea Kisob said.

“The warm weather will have just come back, hopefully, so go out and enjoy yourselves.”

Television:

Use this time to catch up on the TV you’ve missed, movies you didn’t get to see in theaters and the non-academic books that have been piling up on your desk.

“For spring break I want to catch up on my TV shows I missed such as ‘Arrow,’ ‘Agents of Shield,’ and ‘The Americans,’” junior Michael Gutierrez said.

If you’re not going away, the break is a great opportunity to kick back and experience the entertainment you longed for, but unfortunately were not able to view.

Do a little bit of grocery shopping to get all of your snacks ready and binge-watch your shows.

There have been many shows that have aired with new seasons over the beginning of this year such as “Gotham,” “Empire,” “The Flash,” and “Parks and Recreation.”

These can all be found on Netflix for only $9 a month, or on Amazon Prime, which students can access for a discounted price,

Self-improvement:

Make a dent in the pile of books that you’ve been meaning to read. Perfect a craft that you haven’t had a chance to work on, or just catch up on the sleep you had to miss during midterms.

“I plan to play the piano and exercise,” sophomore Jabea Kisob said.

Spring break starts in less than a week, but don’t let the crunch for time stop you from making the most of your week off.

Spring break is all that people will be talking about on their return to school. Make sure you have a good story.

Yours could be about how you spent the week by the pool getting tan, went swimming with dolphins, or watched the entire “Doctor Who” series in just a week.

“Make your spring break as productive as possible. Catch up on rest and just take it easy,” said freshman Matt Ricker said.