2013-2014 Student Government Election Results

Congratulations to next academic year’s Student Government Executive Board! The Ionian is happy to share the following message from the 2012-2013 Elections Review Board:

We are happy to announce that the 2013 – 2014 Student Government Association (SGA) Election results are in!

According to the 2013 Election Manual created and approved by the Elections Review Board, “For a candidate to be declared a winner in their category, they must receive the absolute majority of the votes in that category.” The 2013 Election Manual defines an absolute majority as a majority over all rivals combined, including the opposition vote, however, excluding the abstention vote; more than half.

Congratulations to next year’s Executive Board and congratulations on a job well done to each of the candidates; they have upheld Iona’s mission and conducted ethical, hard-fought, and creative campaigns. We commend each of them for raising student awareness as well as sharing their passion and dedication with the students of Iona College.

The results of the 2013 – 2014 Student Government Association (SGA) elections are listed below.

Vice President for Communication: Jasmyn Plasencia with 87.5% of the votes.

Vice President for Administration: Carl (CJ) Funaro with 82.6% of the votes.

Vice President for Finance: Louis Dallojacono with 51.2% of the votes.

Vice President for Internal Affairs: Sean Carberry with 52.8% of the votes.

Executive Vice President: Kenneth Reischmann with 57.0% of the votes.

President: Jaclyn Shearer with 53.6% of the votes.

Please note that any abstentions in a category were NOT used to determine the preceding percentages as per the Election Manual definition of an absolute majority.

The Elections Review Board would like to thank the students of Iona College for voting in this year’s election. Through your participation, we have been able to determine the Executive Board who will be the primary voice and advocate for all students on campus. This election has been a truly exciting and engaging process. We hope that the enthusiasm of the student body will continue to grow for future elections.

2012 – 2013 Elections Review Board:

Timothy Montalvo, Chair

Kate Roberts, SGA Senior Senator, 2012 – 2013

Caitlyn O’Toole, SGA Vice President for Communication, 2012 – 2013

Deb Waller-Frederick, SGA Advisor and Assistant Director for Student Development

Liz Olivieri-Lenahan, SGA Advisor and Assistant Vice Provost for Student Development

The Elections Review Board would like your feedback on the elections process. Please feel free to email Executive Vice President Tim Montalvoat [email protected]