Iona adds eight players to the 2017-18 roster

Ryan McFadden, Sports Editor

The Iona College men’s basketball team has done some retooling to a roster that lost players such as Jordan Washington, Sam Cassell Jr., John Severe and Taylor Bessick. The Gaels announced the addition of eight newcomers that will be wearing maroon and gold alongside six returning players on Monday.

Newcomers

• Zach Lewis, Guard, Graduate Student
  • C.J. Seaforth, Guard, Freshman
  • Andrija Ristanovic, Forward, Freshman
  • Roland Griffin, Forward, Junior
  • TK Edogi, Forward, Graduate Student
  • Gavin Kensmil, Forward, Freshman
  • Isaiah Still, Guard/Forward, Junior
  • Branden Aughburns, Forward, Junior

Edogi played in 77 games-started in two-during the three seasons he was at Tulsa. The 6-foot-8 forward averaged 2.5 points per game and shot 59 percent from the floor in his collegiate career. Edogi played in 32 games last season.

The Gaels are familiar with Lewis as he played for Canisius for two years before transferring to UMass prior to the 2016-17 season. Lewis was named All-MAAC Third Team as sophomore and has 1,007 career points. Lewis averaged 8.8 points per game during for UMass.

Aughburns, who played 37 games for Hampton, won’t see the court this season due to NCAA transfer regulations.

Ristanovic is a Serbia native and attended Hillcrest Preparatory Academy in Arizona. This is the same school potential NBA Draft lottery pick DeAndre Ayton (Arizona) attended.

Seaforth was a 20 points per game scorer during his junior and senior year at Hamden High School. Seaforth filled the stat sheet in his senior year as he averaged 21.5 points, 7.2 rebounds, 6.1 assists and 3.7 steals per contest.

Griffin spent time at Illinois State University and Midland College in Texas before making his way to New Rochelle.

Still, who averaged 15.7 points per game for Robert Morris last season, will sit out this season because of transfer regulations. Still led Robert Morris in scoring and Second Team All-NEC honors.

Follow @IonianSports on Twitter