Weenie Hut Junior’s restaurants to come to Iona

Disclaimer: This article is an April Fool’s article featured in our 2018 April Fool’s issue. 

For those who are looking for more food options on or off campus, there is a new option for you. Just like in Bikini Bottom, Weenie Hut Junior’s is coming to campus.

It will be competing with Super Weenie Hut Junior’s, which is expected to open right across the street in front of the college. The two will serve similar items, but in Super Weenie Hut Juniors, you can expect the portion sizes to be a lot bigger.

On Wednesdays, there will be a special at Super Weenie Hut Junior’s called “double weenie Wednesday” in which customers will be able to get double what they order.

The menu items will include: weenie banana split, single weenie, double weenie and pick your own dish. They will also serve sal-ads, a signature type of vegetable dish that was formally served at the Krusty Krab until manager Eugene Krabs ultimately removed it from the menu.

Another detail is that students are able to bring their pet snails and sea horses in the restaurant.

Maria Flounder, the owner of the new restaurants, is ecstatic to be opening.

“I am very pleased to open two locations in the heart of Iona College,” Flounder said. “I hope to exceed everyone’s expectations as I did in Bikini Bottom.”

The restaurants will not accept the Iona meal plan. They can only accept sea dollars.

Iona College President Larry Fishfry is also happy about the additions.

“The college is pleased to welcome Weenie Hut Junior’s to campus,” Fishfry said. “It just adds to our list of restaurants students have to choose from.”

It is expected to open in the next several months. Weenie Hut Junior’s is currently going through the permit process.