Food Central: Everything about fall’s seasonal foods

Enjoy+the+upcoming+and+ongoing+fall+items+at+various+food-based+stores.+
Photo made on Canva.
Enjoy the upcoming and ongoing fall items at various food-based stores.

As we approach the fall season, the conversation surrounding fall foods becomes inevitable, but can seem a bit overwhelming with all the limited time delicacies that are offered. This becomes apparent as the season starts with the two major coffee titans, Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts, bringing back their famous pumpkin spice lattes.

This year, Dunkin is putting a spin on its pumpkin-flavored coffee as they will be offering nutty pumpkin-flavored coffees alongside their pumpkin donuts, munchkins and muffins. They will also be serving pumpkin chai lattes as the options at Dunkin’ are sure to delight pumpkin lovers and those who are looking to try pumpkin flavored items.

Similarly, Starbucks is offering pumpkin-flavored drinks as well as pumpkin pastries like their pumpkin cream cheese muffin. Additionally, they are also offering apple-crisp-flavored drinks like their iced apple crisp shaken espresso drink, which gives you the perfect burst of flavor. They’re also offering apple crisp macchiatos which can be made iced or hot and is one of the most refreshing drinks offered at any point in the year at Starbucks. Personally, it’s my favorite drink ever and whether it’s cold or warm, it always hits the spot and prepares me for a good day of classes. They also offer baked apple croissants which pair perfectly with the apple-crisp macchiato.

These fall items are relatively well-known so allow me to educate you on the more obscure fall-themed items hitting stores and franchise restaurants soon. Cold Stone, the iconic ice cream franchise is offering a new fall-themed ice cream flavor called “Stuck on Caramel Apples,” which consists of a caramel apple ice cream base with apple pie filling, caramel and pecans. The flavor combination sounds incredible and is sure to get you into the autumn spirit. They will also be serving a returning classic called “Frosted Pumpkin Bread,” which is a pumpkin bread ice cream base served with graham cracker pie crust, cream cheese frosting and caramel pumpkin pie spice.

Cold Stone isn’t the only ice cream franchise that has fall items hitting their stores, as Carvel will be serving Pumpkin Cheesecake-flavored ice cream items. These items consist of soft serve pumpkin cheesecake flavor and scooped ice cream, which features their signature ice cream buckets featuring the pumpkin cheesecake flavored with caramel, cheesecake bites and spiced cinnamon crunchies. Altogether, this sounds like the perfect combination of sweet, soft and crunchy.

I hope you all fall in love with the items listed in this article, and make sure you don’t “leaf” yourself out of the autumn fun.