$1 Million raised at Iona College’s 2022 Trustees Scholarship Award Gala

Jocelyn Arroyo-Ariza, News Editor

On March 31, 2022, the college’s annual Trustees Scholarship Award Gala raised $1 million for deserving students. The gala, which celebrated notable business and community leaders that promote Iona’s success, was held at Cipriani 42nd street in NYC. 

Given to exceptional individuals recognizing their lifetime accomplishments, this year’s Legacy Awards were granted to Peter G. Riguardi ’83, ‘16H, who is the chairman and president of New York Tri-state Region, Jones Lang LaSalle Brokerage, Inc; and to Karen D. Seitz ’84, who is the founder and managing director of Fusion Partners Global, LLC.  

Riguardi and Seitz join a group of distinguished honorees such as Cardinal Spellman, New York Governor Malcolm Wilson, U.S. Senator Edward Kennedy and the 15 Iona alumni lost during the attacks on the World Trade Center, among others.  

Dr. William and Kathleen Magee, the co-founders of Operation Smile were bestowed the Blessed Edmund Rice Humanitarian Award. The award is given to those who by their activities and service to others, emphasize the college’s identity as an institution established in the tradition of the Congregation of Christian Brothers and American Catholic higher education. Operation Smile is a nonprofit medical organization that has provided safe and free surgeries to those born with cleft lips and palates around the globe.  

Likewise, Dr. William and Kathleen Magee enter a respected group of honorees that include His Eminence Timonthy Cardinal Dolan ‘14H and world-renowned Ice Bucket Challenge co-founder Pat Quinn ’06.