Crotty’s Cheesesteaks: New addition to Iona meal plan

Small+businesses+are+the+heart+of+the+Iona+College+community.++

Photo Courtesy of Lindsay Walsh

Small businesses are the heart of the Iona College community.

Tiffany Persaud, Features & Lifestyle Editor

The COVID-19 pandemic has been devastatingly challenging for many people and small businesses, and the Crotty family is no different. 

Joe Crotty has been in the restaurant and bar business his whole life, just like his father. His most recent establishment in Riverdale permanently closed last year due to the city-wide coronavirus shutdown.  

Being an eternal entrepreneur, Joe decided to partner with his daughter Lindsay Walsh, a former stay-at-home mom to 2 little girls, to turn a challenging setback into a new adventure in Westchester. 

By being resilient & working together as a family, Lindsay and Joe are making their new dream come true with a new restaurant named Crotty’s Cheesesteaks. 

Crotty’s Cheesesteaks opened their doors in New Rochelle on Jan. 1 of this year, at 8 Eastchester Road, bringing a taste of Philly to the community.  

“Everyone enjoys a great Philly cheesesteak, but most places in New York don’t make it right… until now,” said Walsh. 

In addition to a wide variety of cheesesteaks (vegetarian, vegan & gluten-free options as well), they offer crisply baked stuffed potatoes, salads, and their fan-favorite fried pickles.  

There is also a special student offer for all high schoolers and college students:
10% off your Cheesesteak with a free can of soda and free bag of chips valid through 12pm-4pm, Monday-Friday. This offer is available for walk-ins and call-ins only along with a student ID.  

They offer delivery services through UberEATS, Grubhub and DoorDash – for those short lunch breaks that students and faculty may have. Crotty’s is also the newest addition to Iona College’s off-campus meal plan.  

Crotty’s Cheesesteaks also provides extended services such as catering for all occasions and e-gift cards for your friends and family. 

Despite a challenging climate, Lindsay & Joe are focusing on the positive. By recreating themselves and opening a new business, they are partnering together as a family (a tradition long-held with the Crotty’s) to bring wholesome food to a community they love. 

They do not know what the future holds in store, but Crotty’s is already considering branching out beyond New Rochelle. 

“We hope to have continued success in New Rochelle, and we are already looking to expand to other towns in Westchester,” said Walsh. 

Visit their website: https://crottycheesesteak.com 

Follow them on Instagram: @crottyscheesesteaks