‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem’ brings the infamous turtles to the theatrical screen

Photo from IMDB.com
“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem” is filled with an all-star cast that consists of Jackie Chan, Seth Rogan and Ice Cube.

Released in early August, “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem” is a fun, entertaining, adventurous and comedic film.  

This film was filled with an all-star cast, such as Jackie Chan bringing the voice of Splinter to life, Seth Rogan being the voice of Bebop and Ice Cube voicing Superfly, just to name a few members of this all-star cast. 

This film is a family-friendly film that you and your kids do not want to miss. It’s for everyone but directed more towards a younger audience as this film tackles the themes of family and acceptance. Even though the characters are ninja turtles, there is a connection between their story and the younger audience watching in theaters. There can even be a connection with the older audience who watches since the characters have been around for so long.  

The origin of the ninja turtles stays the same as it has been through the past years, where some slime-like substance mutates these little turtles into teenage mutant turtles.  

These turtles, Donatello, Michelangelo, Leonardo and Raphael, are just like any teenager in high school. Their top priority is to be accepted by others and to be popular.  

After living in a sewer for their entire lives with their father, Splinter, these four boys look to be accepted by the people of New York through the heroic acts they plan on doing. 

Throughout the movie, these turtles see what being a teenager is like in the human world and want that same experience for themselves. Whether it entails going to a movie, hanging out or even having fun with your friends: These turtles feel left out and want to be seen as human. These turtles wish to be accepted.  

The turtles devise a plan that they think will win over New York so people can see them just as any other human, but they plan to do it heroically. Finding out that others have mutated just like them, the turtles plan to stop an evil scheme by another mutated being called “Superfly,” who is the film’s main antagonist. In doing this, the turtles believe that if they bring down Superfly, the people of New York will accept them, and they will finally have the teenage human life they wanted.   

The all-star lineup of actors who voice all these characters in the movie is something you want to experience for yourself. Ranging from Seth Rogan to Post Malone, a famous singer and rapper, this movie has everything a family-friendly film should. Most importantly, this film has a message that the audience can take away from this film.  

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles originated in the 1980s as a comic book and from there, it has grown substantially in popularity where famous actors are now voicing them and bringing their story to the big screen.