Why I love concerts

Over the past few years, I have attended many concerts than I ever have before. Now, I know most people find them to be a waste of time and money, especially with how pricy tickets can be, but I think they’re worth every penny. Concerts are always a fun time to socialize with others who enjoy the same music as you, and meeting those with the same music interests isn’t common, so it makes concerts even more enjoyable.  

I have gone to many different types of concerts, and all of them had moments that were enjoyable and significant to me. Last year, I went to a Beach Boys concert, and for my first concert since I was 16, it was a wonderful experience and really engulfed me with that cheerful spirit. The reason I loved the experience so much was because of a lot of things, such as the people, their unique band shirts and the age range of the music enthusiasts because it shows that music is timeless. 

The songs they played during the concert left me enamored and will always have a special place in my heart. I don’t really read up on set lists when heading to concerts, so I get pleasantly surprised when I hear songs I don’t expect. I also love the merch they sell at the concert; I always go for the tour shirts because it’s memorabilia of the event and incapsulates the memories perfectly.  

An argument I hear often against going to concerts is the price, but if you love a band as much as I do, then saving up money for the concert and buying a ticket is well worth the price. The Beach Boys concert was a bit tamer than other concerts I’ve been to when I look back at concerts I’ve been to. The most intense and enjoyable concert I’ve been to thus far was the Blink-182 concert I attended in May.  

The concert was on May 24th and was the perfect way to cap off my junior year. I had bought the tickets in October of last year, so the concert was my end goal for the semester, and I looked forward to the event. The concert included the reunion of the band’s iconic members Tom DeLonge, Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker. DeLonge had left the band back in 2011 and finally made his return, so it made the concert a highly anticipated one to me. I got relatively good seats and was able to see and hear the band to a fantastic degree.  

The songs were sung with such passion and the band exuded charisma, which translated well to their on-stage performances. They’re also funny, so the jokes they told got a chuckle out of me every time. I think everyone should enjoy a concert in their lives. Regardless of price, splurge and enjoy yourself.