Iona partners with Morgan Stanley’s Equity Collective

Jocelyn Arroyo-Ariza, News Editor

Iona has partnered with Morgan Stanley’s Equality Collective to empower the next generation of diverse leaders.  

The partnership, as well as aligning with Iona’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB,) will provide students with useful skills that they will use when they enter the workforce. Additionally, it will create a greater awareness of the broad array of career opportunities in the financial services industry and expand the talent pool. The Equity Collective led by Morgan Stanley is an industry-leading group of wealth and asset management businesses that have collaborated to help students from diverse backgrounds succeed in the financial industry.  

The initiative is led by Carlos Muñoz’10MBA, who is an executive director at Morgan Stanley. There are 27 members from leading financial organizations that form the Equity Collective, which include Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, PIMCO, NY Life and American Century Investments. 

Additionally, Iona will be hosting four worships relating to resume-building, interviewing skills, networking skills and networking. These workshops will be led by senior executives from the top asset management firms over the academic year. Interested students must commit to attending all four workshops to attain a certificate to show they completed the program. Furthermore, the certificate will be an advantageous tool for students, having the ability to list it on their resumes, LinkedIn profiles and the chance for potential opportunities at any of the Equity Collective’s 27 firms. The Equity Collective is open for Iona students from any major. The workshops will be held Oct 19., Nov 9., Feb 15., and March 8 at the LaPenta School of Business.