Olivia Jade transferring to Iona next semester

Ciara Serpa, Assistant Advertising Manager

*Disclaimer: This article is part of the Ionian’s April Fool’s issue and is meant solely to be a joke * Happy April Fool’s!

Iona College is gearing up to welcome a very special new student on campus, YouTuber Olivia Jade Giannulli! Other than her lucrative “outfit of the week” videos, Giannulli is known for being the daughter of Lori Loughlin – best known for portraying Aunt Becky in “Full House” – and designer Mossimo Giannulli, founder of the Mossimo fashion line sold at Target.

Giannulli will come to Iona after an unfortunate scandal at her previous school, the world-renowned University of Southern California. For those unaware, both of Giannulli’s parents are involved in a federal case detailing the various ways that affluent members of society secure their untalented children seats at schools they otherwise couldn’t get into.

This case comes as an enormous surprise to everyone, since no one in their wildest dreams would think that those with higher incomes would ever use their affluence to get what they want.

The students of Iona are excited to have Giannulli as a member of the Gael Nation. Although she is only a freshman, Giannulli will be residing in the North Avenue Residence Hall. Spots for this building are usually occupied by seniors and athletes, but Giannulli will be the first student to have the two-bedroom suite all to herself. The reason for this change is her need for space to accommodate her extensive wardrobe and makeup collection, an important part of any student’s scholastic toolbox.

Surprisingly, Giannulli will also be taking a spot on the women’s rowing team, although the season is almost over. Well-known for being a walk-on sport, rowing is nonetheless time-consuming and a large toll on any athlete’s body. As a former member of her previous school’s crew team, Olivia is excited to pick up the sport again. When asked why she loves rowing, Olivia cheerfully responded, “I love the opportunity to meet new people and party with everyone.”

An unrelated portion of news is the renaming of the college’s business school. It will now be named the Giannulli-Loughlin School of Business. Thanks to two anonymous donors, construction has been sped up and the building is expected to open next week! This is especially exciting for Olivia Jade as she will be entering the college with a double major in information systems and finance.