Seniors celebrate 75 nights to graduation

Photo from ionaadmissions on Instagram

Seniors celebrate their last days as Gaels in this annual tradition.

Jocelyn Arroyo-Ariza, News Editor

Celebrating 75 days before commencement, the Class of 2022 partied the night away. 75 nights is an annual tradition. In the LaPenta School of Business atrium, seniors were offered refreshments and fun. The four hour long fest distracted the Gaels in the midst of their last week of midterms. They had time to socialize with their peers, enjoy food, listen to music and take a group picture.  

The gathering was a great reminder to seniors of the growth they’ve had these past four years. 

“It was really nice to be able to catch with old friends and see how much we’ve grown in 4 years,” Katherine Lee said. 

Other seniors felt that the night affirmed their decision to choose Iona for their higher education. 

“It was great watching how much time has passed in these four years and to see the beautiful growth everyone had made,” said Jalen Ramjohn “It me proud to make one of the decisions in my life coming to Iona.” 

Some seniors, such as Christina Marasevic, find it hard to believe that their time at Iona is coming to a close. 

“I really enjoyed 75 nights,” Marasevic said. “It was a fun way to meet up with my classmates and look back on all of our great memories at Iona. I can’t believe graduation is right around the corner, but I will always cherish the experiences and opportunities Iona gave me.” 

Senior year has been a challenging experience for many students, but the 75 nights celebration helped them realize just how grateful they are. 

“75 nights was amazing,” Courthney Normil said. “It was nice to be able to be in a space and see so many of my classmates and good friends having a blast. Senior year has been tough, but knowing that I’ll be able to spend time with my friends and make lasting memories before I graduate keeps me going.” 

Seniors are now trying not to take any moment for granted in their last 75 nights.  

“I feel like the school did a great job with the 75 nights celebration from the food to just seeing all the seniors in a room together,” said Danny Riordan. “It hasn’t hit me just yet that I’m graduating so soon. I’ve been trying not to look ahead at all and instead just enjoy each day left while I’m still a college student.”