Improve your grades in the last weeks of school

Luis Ramos Contributing Writer

With a only a short time standing between you and summer, you might find yourself worrying about your end of the year grades.

Whether a class was too tough, or you just forgot to take notes, there’s still some hope improve your grades, even if it feels last minute.

1. Meet with your professor:

Sending an email to your professor asking to meet is an important step, and the earlier in the semester you do this, the better the effect.

“Professors have information that you may not have considered, and will be able to help you calm some fears about coursework,” junior Jordan Darling said.

Ask about the areas that trouble you, and also try to figure out how you can improve your work.

Not only will your professor appreciate the effort, and take note that you’re trying to do well in their course, but you’ll receive helpful advice as well.

Extra credit also exists in some courses, so don’t forget to ask if it is available.

“You get some instant help and insight this way,” said Darling.

2. Spend your time wisely:

When Netflix asks, “Still watching House of Cards?” you might want to take a break and open one of your textbooks.

If you know you can only study for an hour at a time, make do with that.

Set some goals for what you want to work on, and give yourself a reward every time you meet your goals. Try an episode of your favorite TV show, or take a walk somewhere and get a snack.

Finding time in between extracurricular activities, classes and catching up on sleep might be hard, but it’s necessary.

3. Go over the syllabus:

It’s always a good idea to check out what assignments are left to cover. Pay extra attention to how many points each assignment is worth.

This will help you prioritize your time better, as you will be able to tell what will need your attention the most.

It’s also an easy way to chart out your work, figure out what is necessary, and you get one every semester. It’s a road map to success, along with the other two tips.

4 . Don’t panic:

If you begin to get worried, that’s a sign that you care. Just try your best to not let it take over.

Figure out what you need to do, make a plan, and follow through with it.

These are four small but easy tips that will hopefully get you through the end of this semester.