Farewell to Seniors

Seniors+are+looking+forward+to+celebrating+their+academic+success+at+their+graduation+ceremony.+

Photo from pexels.com

Seniors are looking forward to celebrating their academic success at their graduation ceremony.

Aliyah Rodriguez, Features & Lifestyle Editor

With graduation just around the corner, seniors are making their last-minute dashes to complete assignments, send out job applications and make plans for their special day. Iona College has been a second home to seniors for the past four years, and so it might be a little hard to say goodbye. Take a trip down memory lane with some of The Ionian’s seniors as they reflect on their four years at Iona.  

Senior and Editor-in-Chief Stacey Franciamore says her time with The Ionian was one of the most rewarding experiences of her four years here. 

“Not only am I going to miss my amazing professors and the wonderful classes I took with them, but I’m going to miss The Ionian. Some of my best moments at Iona were made in The Ionian office, especially during deadline,” Franciamore said. “It helped me find my passion and taught me that if you do what you love, at the end of the day you’ll always be happy and have wonderful, enriching experiences to look back on.” 

Senior and Sports Editor Matthew Chaves will miss those pre-pandemic times spent on campus with friends.  

“I’m really going to miss the times of hanging out on campus at around 12 a.m. Just hanging out with friends down in the Unity Lounge or getting the paper done into the wee hours of the night in The Ionian office,” Chaves said. “On-campus life is truly unique and it’s a highlight in my life. Take advantage of the time you have here everyone! Most likely, it’ll be the only time you’ll be able to experience it.” 

Senior and Social Media Manager Frances Hoey wouldn’t be who she is without her experiences at Iona.  

“My time at Iona College has been one filled with growth and opportunity that I will forever be thankful for. All of the experiences, both good and bad, have prepared me to enter the real world confidently, and certainly have shaped me into the person I am today,” Hoey said. “Thank you to the best of the math, music and education departments for seeing me to my full potential.”  

Senior and Advertising Manager Ciara Serpa is grateful for all the student organizations on campus that welcomed her. 

“Iona has given me so much more than just a traditional education. It has taught growth, leadership and the importance of self-love. I’d like to thank my professors and my advisors who have all given me extra nuggets of wisdom, as well as the professional staff for their support and for pushing me out of my comfort zone as a student leader,” Serpa said. “I’d also like to thank my organizations: The Ionian, Finance Club and the National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS) for being the first to welcome me and provide me with a safe space to express myself.”  

The past year has been hectic, and the future may be uncertain for many students, but the soon-to-be graduates of Iona College can look forward to the adventures ahead of them as they take what they’ve learned from the school and move the world.