Fall fashion must haves

Jeans+are+a+fall+essential+that+comes+in+a+variety+of+styles+that+can+be+dressed+up+or+dressed+down+depending+on+the+look+you%E2%80%99re+going+for.++%2F+Photo+from+hm+official+Instagram++

Jeans are a fall essential that comes in a variety of styles that can be dressed up or dressed down depending on the look you’re going for. / Photo from hm official Instagram

Sara LeStrange, Contributing Writer

Every year, each change of the season brings in new styles to the fashion world, but there are always staples to have in your closet 

To start, jeans are essential. Whether you need them to go push snow outside or to bundle up with a tougher material to keep you warm, any type of jeans will work for you. Usually jeans with rips aren’t the best for keeping warm but are more for a fashion statement. Jeans usually come in flare, jeggings, high-waisted or low-waisted styles, and a variety of colors. You can purchase jeans pretty much anywhere, such as H&M, Target, Old Navy, Marshall’s and many more stores.   

Another fashion staple are leggings. Leggings took off back in the 60’s, and are still continually a growing ‘must-have. Many people wear leggings for comfort or even to show off their figures. Whether they are athletic or just regular cotton, leggings come in an array of colors and can help you show off your style. A couple staple colors include black or gray. If you want to be bolder, you could purchase maroon, olive, ocean blue or clay red. Rocking a maroon pair of leggings could also help you show off your Gael Spirit!  

Sweatpants are a necessity for the fall season heading into the cold winter. You can embrace a baggy pair of sweatpants to be comfortable or a fitted pair of joggers that still show off your features. Different brands such as Nike, Adidas, PINK or even Target can have stylish sweatpants.   

Fall weather also means it’s time to bring out the boots. Boots could be bought from Kohl’s, Target, DSW or even Coach – whatever works for your style and budget! A pair of riding boots can be a cute look with jeans or leggings. A very common and classy style of boot are heeled ankle boots, but there are many types with different styles that bring a unique flair to every outfit. You can also find comfortable flats, moccasins or even snow boots for the upcoming colder weather.  

Having some basic long sleeves are also beneficial to just throw on with some jeans or as a bottom layer for extra warmth in the cold weather. Usually ones made with cotton can be cooler on the body, and not make you sweat, but be careful with quick-drying  fabrics because they can easily shrink! You could also find a few sweatshirts you might want to throw on with your favorite brand or music artist whether it’s to go to sleep in or wear for a fun Friday night! 

Don’t forget your outer layersPieces such as cardigans, puffy-jackets, vests and fleeces are great for transitioning into colder temperatures.  

Fall accessories are always great to have when the air starts to get colder! Find some comfy fuzzy socks, printed scarfs, gloves and fuzzy pom-pom hats.  

Whether you’re going pumpkin or apple picking, on a hay ride or just hanging out with friends around campus, these fall fashion staples will make you look trendy while keeping you warm.