Hobbies and Activities

Eileen Exama, Staff Writer

Ever since school closed, our schedules have changed and we’re stuck working at home. In times like this we tend to lose our minds and struggle to find things that’ll occupy us. Here are some tips on what you can do to keep busy and make the most of your time at home.

1. Keep Your Schedule

I know this is difficult because it is hard to stay focused when your entire day is spent at home. So why not try to keep your schedule the same as much as you can? If you usually wake up at 7 a.m., wake up at 7 a.m. at home. Go to your own Vitanza Commons, or your kitchen in this scenario, and chef it up before attending your Zoom session. Point is, don’t lose your schedule just because you’re at home.

1. What Do You Like to Do?

Remember when you were a kid and you could find anything and be creative with it? Why not do that again? Color, paint a masterpiece or make a collage from things in your house. Reading a book that is out of your element or even going online and playing computer games like Club Penguin or Papa’s Pizzeria can make a difference. Google Chrome offers an extension called Netflix Party, where you and your friends can watch movies at the same time; so grab some snacks and enjoy some isolated time together. You can also take on new tasks like attempting a recipe. Students like David Broussard and Christele Romulus are getting into their video games. Other students like sophomore Ryan Kingston are writing and producing music.

1. Stay Connected

This is the perfect time to stay in communication with your friends through apps like FaceTime. Ensuring that your friends are doing ok during this time of uncertainty and checking on your Iona faculty to make sure that everyone ispracticing healthy quarantine habits is very important. Many social media platforms offer different ways to communicate. Also,now is the perfect time to spend quality time with your loved ones at home. You could spend time playing board games or participating in other family bonding activities.

1. Spice up your Space

Has your room been the same way for a while? Why not rearrange your furniture? Look up room decor on Pinterest to get some inspiration and add something cute to your room. It could be something small like a plant or moving your bed to a different part of your room. Either way, find something that will make your living space a bit different.

Using these tips will help keep you occupied and steer you away from extreme boredom. We have entered a phase in thisquarantine that is making us stay isolated. It could feel very daunting, but we’ll make it out of this like the fighting Gaels we are.